Maya Christine Dance Company (MCDC)
Think you have what it takes to be part of the Only Semi PRO Youth Dance Team in Texas known as the Maya Christine Dance Company?
Warm weather, an elite performance stage with local NFL and NBA teams, and Named the Heart Beat of Texas. It’s true that StarFire PRO attracts the most radiant and talented young women looking for an “in” into the PRO entertainment industry. Being A member of the MCDC can afford you this distinctive opportunity. Our success of those who have entered the Music, NFL and NBA worlds under the training of StarFire PRO is beyond the stars! In 2015 StarFire PRO was featured on the Hit TV show Making the Team with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on CMT! Also, our MCDC made their opening season Television Debut in 2014 during a live VH1 Television Taping with Music icon “Tiny” and LifeTime TV “Bring It as Entertainment!
The MCDC dancers set the youth industry standard in terms of Sizzle! If you’re dynamic, well spoken, and talented, and you have the drive and dedication that it takes to be a part of The Most Popular Youth PRO Dance Team in Texas, then come and audition to be an MCDC Dancer! To be placed on our casting email list, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Registration/Warm-Up Time: 9:30am Choreography 10:30a Performance/Announcement Rounds: 2:00pm
Parent/Guardian Information Meeting: 2:45p
Location: 1615 North Hampton Road Suite #220 DeSoto, TX 75115
PARKING: FREE Parking Lot
Note: Must be at least 7 yrs. of age by September 1, 2019
This casting call will be closed during the instruction round (candidates only) Parents are invited back at 2 pm to view what your daughter has learned and a brief performance by current MCDC members.
Pre Registration is highly recommended.
REQUIRED ATTIRE: A two-piece form-fitting outfit is mandatory. NO jeans, baggy pants, oversized tees, skirts, flip flops, big tennis shoes, boots, jewelry, NO Combat Boots
APPROVED ATTIRE: leotards, sports bras, shorts, yoga pants, and capri styles, jazz pants, tanks, fitted tees, dance crop tops, dance paws, jazz shoes or non-marking tennis shoe soles
* All dancers must be between the ages of 7-17 yrs.
* All dancers must have parental consent to be a part of this team.
* All dancers and parents must understand the commitment to this team is a 150% effort at all times.
*All dancers must be enrolled in an educational institution aka elementary-high school
*All dancers must be flexible with their schedules during the fall-spring months for weekend performances, media or community appearances during the season.
*All dance team members for the 2018-2019 season will be required to attend several community/charity appearances.
*All dancers are required to have had some type of dance experience via school drill team, studio, church praise, cheer, community involvement or others it’s highly recommended. Even moms living room!
For more information, you may call our office at 972-984-7540 or email us at email@example.com.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE CASTING?
1) All Candidates will come in a Register; here we will check for the following:
2) All candidates will be asked to come to the dance floor for a group warm up and stretch
3) Candidates will then complete some across the floor combinations that will be taught this is just to see where each dancers skill levels is we know what we need to work on with each one
4) Then a Jazz, Majorette and Hip Hop Combinations will be taught– these will be short combos to get familiar with a few of the styles
5) Parents are then invited back at 2:00p to get a brief overview, and view the candidates in what they learned that day. To get a visual of what MCDC does visit our Video page or YouTube page starfire1609!
6) All Candidates must bring a snack as this is a process. We will conclude with everything by 4 pm
7) Further directions will be given to parents and candidates during the parent meeting; which will be only 30 min.
8) All candidates will be given the result on the spot of the casting audition
9) Once your daughter is placed on a Team Level you must log on to the website to Setup your account. Details during the Parent Meeting.
* Company rehearsals are all weekend based only 2-3 weekends a month pending shows. 2019-2020 Season will be as follows:
MCDC Silver Stars – Beginner-Intermediate Team: must be able to catch on choreo. , professional executions, learn various dance basics under a strict schedule of deadlines and able to practice at a high rate of accomplishing various turns and jumps that will be required for shows, etc. Rehearsal Schedule: (Choreo. & Technique) Saturdays 8:00a-1:00p some select Fridays before Shows 7:00pm-9:30p
MCDC Black Stars – Intermediate-Advanced Team: must be able to catch on choreo quickly, professional executions splits, high kicks, heel stretches, toe touches, intro to ballet pointe, and able to practice at a high rate of accomplishing various turns and jumps that will be required for competitions, etc. Rehearsal Schedule: (Choreo. & Technique) Fridays 7:00pm-9:30pm Saturdays 1:00p-4:00p
* Team levels will be announced after the performances to determine what level your daughter will begin on for the season. Level Graduation is available for those that excel fast at learning the required technique! Level Up Graduations will take place once a year! This is determined by the director!